Tuesday 8 February 2011

Home alone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12380329


"A mother-of-three from the Thames Valley area has been cautioned by police after leaving her 14-year-old son at home with his little brother."
"Sources quoted in the Sunday Times are reported as saying the mother, in her 40s, was away for 30 minutes, the time passed without "incident" and the toddler was never in any danger."
Who hasn't left a big sister or brother at home looking after a younger sibling?
I remember my, then 11 year old, son was left on his own for the day. We were perfectly confident in his common sense. Mid morning he called us because some men were in the garden. We told him not to unlock the door. My wife called the police and I shot home, being overtaken by the police on the way.
The short of it was these men claimed to have seen a dangerous tree in the garden and came in to see if we wanted it cut down. Total bull of course. The police had a stern word with them and end of story.
Now days I suppose we would have been interviewed by the plod.

1 comment:

  1. As much as possible, I don't want to leave my daughter at home alone, but if I did that I'll make it sure she can reach me easily. I would like to share what I have read it talks about kids personal security these might help a lot of mothers like me. Check it out here http://www.tsue-thatswhatshesaid.com/2011/09/keeping-your-child-safe-supporting.html

    ReplyDelete