Monday 4 April 2011

How much?

For good reason my wife refuses to allow me to go supermarket shopping with her.

As my good lady was away over the weekend I had to nip out for half a pound of butter. I found the butter and almost fell over £1.60 for half a pound? Last time I looked I thought 60p was too much.

It's little things like this that bring home the impact of inflation, 2% one year and 4% the next and it all adds up.

Inflation is a funny thing it affects different markets in different ways. My business is electronics which is a market where costs tend downwards over the years, at least in real terms. Meeting retail inflation is quite a shock.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.vegansociety.com/resources/animals/dairy-production.aspx

    Suddenly, £1.60 doesn't seem so much.

    But yeah, inflation is a bitch.

    (Hi Dad!)

    ReplyDelete