Friday 19 November 2010

Lord Young



Lord Young was spot on.

The early 90's ERM recession with interest rates in double figures nearly killed my business and I was forced to "let people go". For me this has been a great recession and I have been taking on staff.

Coming out of the 90's recession we picked up a cheap factory from Allied Irish Bank who had repossessed it. I've been keeping my eyes open for another deal but so far business units are still on the market at silly prices and there is very little vacant in this area.

Sure, some real, that is private sector, workers have had a rough time. But for most of us this has been a phoney recession, almost as phoney as the government "cuts" with spending still rising.

The daily mash has the right of it:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/heartless,-insensitive-old-tory-absolutely-spot-on-201011193271/

No comments:

Post a Comment